Paul John White

A nice discovery at work today. I have been reading a book called, The Sacred and The Profane by Mircea Eliade. A great read; and with all this though swimming around in my head I stumbled across this web site; pauljohnwhite.wordpress.com. Paul John White is an Artist that is working in the area of Shamanism within his Art practice, performing or enacting various Shamanistic/Psychopomp Rituals. If your anything like me you go straight to thinking about Joseph Boyce and his performances upon hearing the words Shaman and Art in the same sentence. OK that being said what attracted me to look at this website was the images of from the performances

This is just a little intro to some collected writings from another book by Mircea Eliade called, Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy, which he posted earlier this year which I enjoyed reading and you might to. So without further distractions, here is the link. I hope you enjoy the read.

Comments

Popular Posts